Canada is known for being quite popular among the national as well as international students because of its exceptional education system that is recognized all over the world. It is at par with the American, Australian, and British education systems, and knowing this, thousands of students come pouring in Canada every year. Apart from providing quality education to the students, the Canadian study has the following benefits as well:
- It is affordable compared to other comparable systems.
- It provides the option to work while studying.
- It provides a safe environment, Canada is one of top peaceful and safe countries to live.
- It provides immigration options to stay permanently in Canada after completion of studies.
A study permit is a document that allows a foreign national to study in the universities and schools that are in Canada on a temporary basis. This permit has to be approved by the Canadian government before the applicant can migrate to Canada on the basis of the permit. It is often recommended that an applicant starts the process for the study permit as soon as they receive their offer letter from the educational institute that they have applied to.
The applicant must fulfill some basic requirements before they can apply for the study permit. The applicant must:
- Be a holder of a valid passport.
- Have a letter of acceptance (LOA) from a Designated Learning Institution in Canada.
- Have an intention to study and significant ties to their home country, ensuring that they will leave the country once the study permit expires. The study plan must be logical and in progression with the applicant's earlier study and work experience.
- Possess the financial resources to pay the tuition fee and living expense while being a student in Canada for applicants and any accompanying family member.
- Not have any criminal records according to the laws which govern Canada.
- Not pose any security risk to Canada or the people staying in Canada and willing to abide by all the laws which govern Canada.
- Be in good health and must be willing to undergo a medical examination to determine that, if required.
- Not intend to engage in employment under any employer or in study (other than short term courses) during their stay in Canada unless authorized to do so.
- Be willing to provide Biometrics If required based upon their country of origin.
- Be willing to provide any supporting document as requested by the visa officer.